Friday, February 3, 2012

I am a soup girl.

I'm behind!! Who would have thought I could ever cook so much that I couldn't keep up with it!

My family went on a vacation this summer to Las Vegas and split up the meals, so each individual family/couple was in charge of a meal. Roland and I had to head back to Provo early so we didn't get to experience the recipe my sister-in-law Annie made which apparently was the "talk" of the trip. Kind of weird we talk about food on our trips? I don't think so. Annie made Tortilla Soup...and so did I, and it was fabulous! Although my husband isn't much a soup-er (one who thoroughly enjoys soup) I sure am!! Can you say, Zupas tomato basil?!? Every. Single. Time.

So here's the recipe!

Tortilla Soup

Ingredients



4 cans (10.5 oz) chicken with rice condensed soup
2 soup cans of water
1-12.5 oz. can chopped chicken (drained)
1 larger can white homony w/ juice
1 1/3 c. pace chuncky salsa
hot sauce if desired

Heat up on stove and serve with tortilla strips, cheese, chopped green onions, cilantro, avocados, tomatoes, olives, tortillas...etc. whatever you want.


Instead of 4 small cans I bought 2 of the huge cans of chicken with rice condensed soup. (tends to be cheaper, and less can opening-which isn't my favorite) I also did not add hot sauce, but Roland did to his individual servings and loved it! Great QUICK recipe!

**A warning for those of you who would love to make this for a small family...say, you and a spouse...HALF IT! I seriously didn't realize how much soup this recipe makes. I don't know why I didn't figure it out with the ingredients sitting in front of me, but I ended up having to use two pots!! And this soup lasted over a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment