Friday, February 3, 2012

2 for 1 today

I am not very good a blogging. I blog like I race... all out in a short time and stop for a while then all out again. Need to fix that. But I need to get these pictures off the camera and out in the open for all to enjoy!!

Also, what I just noticed is that I just barely posted a recipe from my sister-in-law Annie... well here is another one!! And just like the Tortilla Soup recipe (found below...check it out, it rocks) this one is quick, can feed an entire civilization (when wanted--but I guess so can any recipe technically), annnd is DELISH!

(Annie never gave me a name...so Annie, forgive me if I mis-name this divine dish)

Broiled Deli-Delux Half-wich

Ingredients

2 loaves of fresh french bread
1 cup Mayonnaise (Miracle Whip is fine too)
Green Onions thinly sliced
Hot Spice (I used Cayenne Pepper and Chili Powder)
3 Avocados
2 Tomatoes
Deli meat of choice (I bought ham for the hub and Turkey for moi)
Cheese of choice


Slice french bread to desired thickness, combine mayo some green onion slices and your hot spice in a small bowl, mix well. Then spread mayo mixture over bread slices (go easy on the spread, trust me) then layer on a slice of meat, cheese, tomato, and avocado!! Stick in the oven on broil for roughly 5 minutes. Need a fast meal? Here you go.


This was our first batch (we ran out of avocado)


Raise your hand if you love quick tasty meals with avocado!!


IDEA: After our first avocado ran out ....
(We actually used 2, that is why I wrote 3 on the recipe) 
I mashed the avocado for the second batch.
 Goes WAY further and covers the entire half-wich! Excellent thinking Chandra.


THANKS AGAIN ANNIE!



1 comment:

  1. Want a trick? Take one of those pastry brushes, dip it in olive oil, brush the bread...put that under the broiler in the oven for a bit....THEN put all those luscious layers on the bread and broil again....oh so crunchy....oh soooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete