Friday, February 3, 2012

Is 3 really a crowd?

Yes it is. Yes it is, my third blog today, (what can I say, I have been doing some serious cooking as of late!) and yes, it is as good as it looks.


What is it, you ask...besides being my husband's favorite meal I have made since being married (9 months, that is) what you behold here is the mother-casserole, a recipe from my sister-in-law Jessica (yep, another sister-in-law), which mostly likely has already been made available on her blog, click
here to check it out.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake

Ingredients


1 package surfing mix
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp pepper
3-4 slices of deli ham, cubed
2 cup combination of swiss and cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cooked chicken breasts (I used shredded)


Prepare stuffing mix according to directions on box. Meanwhile in a bowl, combine soup and mild. Put chicken in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Layer with ham, half of the cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer.

To make into a freezer meal, I would recommend preparing this in two separate smaller pans (especially if you are a small family). Prepare both pans until ready to bake in oven and then stick one in the freezer for later!!

**needless to say...we cooked the whole thing, and ate the whole thing for dinner and lunch the next day!

ENJOY! And.... compliments to the chef!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. Definitely going to try it. I'm always looking for new dishes that would work well not just for my family but for those times when I take a dinner to someone who has just had a baby or surgery.

    ReplyDelete