Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thank you Katie

Pinterest once again inspired my amateur-cookin this past week. I stumbled across a seriously amazing blog. For anyone who really works hard to eat healthy while struggling with the conflicting condition of sweet-tooth-itis like I do -- http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com -- you can thank me later.

We play games with another couple in our ward every Sunday and it has quickly become tradition that we both bring a treat, I knew it the second I laid eyes on that post that this was to be my treat this past week, we ate the entire thing. I served it with graham crackers to dip in it, boy was it AWESOME!

Cookie-Dough-Dip


Ingredients


  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)

  • 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt

  • tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda

  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight   “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)

  • up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)

  • Sweetener

  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (you can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)



    • Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.



    • So I decided to try to make this blog short and "sweet" this time, less yacking more "snacking"... When making this I found the salt amounts a little odd, so I just did 1/4 tsp just a little under-filled. Also, I didn't have actual nut butter on hand, so I used 1/4 c peanut butter, it did taste a little peanut-buttery, but who doesn't like peanut butter? For the sweetener, the blog has multiple options--you could go and check out other options (I bought some stevia today and I want to try it) but I just used brown sugar, only did 3 Tbs and it was fine! Also, I chose to put oats in mine, loved it! 


2 comments:

  1. Question: What do you dip in the cookie dough dip? Sounds yummy. I don't have a food processor. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I served it with graham crackers, it was super yummy!

    ReplyDelete